Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Thank you, Opalflame, for nominating me! It was fantastic to discover your music-oriented, expressive, and exclamatory blog – I vastly enjoy reading it and hope to have more lively discussions on our mutual love for music!
5 bloggers that caught my eye:
- mydizzypoetry – Aptly named. Atmosphere and mood spin around mydizzypoetry’s prose as naturally as a spider would spin a web.
- Everyday Voices – Her eloquence in writing about issues that matter to her gives her a strong, empowered voice that is also deeply personal. I always gain a little perspective when I read her blog.
- Rosemawrites – Sometimes nostalgic, sometimes joyful, I always feel a little more uplifted whenever I read one of her posts.
- Fractured Reality – I appreciate her pensive tone and observations. Her stories, letters, and introspection bring me to a quieter place.
- A Short Conversation – The tiles on her main page are beautiful to look at, and her short stories on love and daydreams are a pleasure to read.
Nominees, should you choose to accept your nomination, here are some questions for you!
- If you were a pair of shoes, what would you be and why?
- If you love singing, what is your go-to karaoke song? OR if you don’t love singing, what is your go-to late night driving song?
- What is your comfort food?
- What is the most common compliment you receive?
- In what environment(s) do your most inspired thoughts come to you?
- Tell us one little quirk or eccentric thing about yourself and why you do it.
- On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your stress level? (‘0′ being no stress whatsoever and ’10’ being nonstop-fetal-position)
My answers to Opalflame’s questions:
What’s your favorite color?
If you had to choose an animal to represent you (i.e. spirit animal) what animal would that be?
See my profile! :]
What genre of movie do you like best, and how has it evolved over your adult life?
Drama. The first “drama” film I remember watching is Dancing With Wolves (1990) with my mom, when I was eight. I remember thinking, wow, this movie has everything! Romance, buffalos, prairies, history, war, and did I mention Kevin Costner? Eventually, I figured out why I love dramas. Details and characterization and emotion. I appreciate slow-moving dramas that let the characters and plot wake up slowly and purposefully, like a cat stretching in the morning. Give me films like Michael Clayton, Her, Primal Fear, Gone with the Wind, Legends of the Fall, Cloud Atlas, The World of Suzie Wong, Crash, The Song of Bernadette… Oh, somebody stop me.
What do you like most about yourself?
My ability to listen and be emotionally and mentally involved with the person I’m conversing with.
What gives you meaning in your work?
Helping and interacting with people, learning about processes in detail, and developing a reputation as someone you can depend on.
What personality trait has been the most enduring and representative of you?
Knowing I don’t know anything, which allows me to oftentimes be a sponge.
What do you want people to remember most about you after meeting you for the first time?
My accessibility and warmth.
Who is your hero or superhero?
My mother. She works her ass off at everything she does with dignity and persistence and strength.
What music (genre, artist, song) immediately lifts your mood?
Where do you feel most relaxed and at peace?
In a comfy armchair, legs draped over the side under a blanket, watching a drama, eating Popeye’s and rice.